Skip to main content

The Child Inside You Must Always Remain Alive

Imagine yourself at your formal best in a board room. Soon after, you attend a friend's birthday party at a hip restaurant. Just as you guys think about calling it a day, the rain Gods make their presence felt. What do you do??? Do you take the parking lot as a large public bathroom, and make full use of the water supply. Or do you stand under a shed, and look at the other category of people and think "Oh! Probably they haven't taken a shower for weeks!!"
Well... I belong to the former category, The child inside me is still alive!!! :)
When a child in class 2 returns home, he is so very excited... "Hurray!!! i am home!!!!!" and so are the kid's parents। The other day I was at my friend's place when his elder brother, who is the HR Head of a software firm, came back home from work।
He entered with a sigh,
didn't even bother to say Hi,
and I thought I heard my friend's mom cry....
Oh Hez Home again...Why!!!
Well...all I am talking about here is the child-like energy that keeps going down gradually, as we move up the professional ladder.
What I am trying to say is that as we grow up, become more and more mature and start getting surrounded by life's various atrocities, having a little bit of FUN every now and again is not all that bad after all. It helps ..to get rid of stress, to perform better, to recharge our batteries. Buddha said "Discover Yourself. " I think we must "Rediscover Ourselves". We must "Rediscover the child in ourselves." We need to start doing what we loved to do as a kid, be it dancing in the rain, be it playing childish games, or be it just laughing at silly jokes sometimes.
Having said that, I do not necessarily mean that life is only about having fun.
There is another aspect of the child inside us that one must not ignore. When a child needs a toy, he must get it, and he knows of ways he can get it. When we make goals for ourselves, are we as stubborn as we were a few years ago? By the experience and knowledge that we have acquired over the years, we are perhaps cleverer now, and knowing ways to reach our goals should be much easier than looking for ways to convince mom and dad to get us a toy!!!
My point is that 40 years down the line when I am into my second childhood, and I look at the years gone by... there is nothing that I should regret. I should have given in my best efforts to make it to my goals, and I should have made each moment of life memorable.

I must LIVE my LIFE, and not just survive...The Child Inside Me must always remain ALIVE!!!!!

Comments

  1. Well said.. The thought has been on my mind for some time now; Why do people take themselves so seriously?. And I also happened to read somewhere.. "Angels fly cuz they take themselves very lightly".. Maybe all of us should learn and practice to let go..

    ReplyDelete
  2. well very well written dude its actually right we dont give our best shot as we gave wen we were children.......i never knew u culd write so well ..........lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome..juss loved the thoughts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "....and I look at the years gone by... there is nothing that I should regret. I should have given in my best efforts to make it to my goals, and I should have made each moment of life memorable."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Daytime slumber...

Daytime it was..when I kept sleeping... you were here with me...waitin 4 me 2 wake up... whenever u tried to, i hushed u away... i shud hav woken up..u had so much 2 say... evening it was...i felt like getting out of my slumber... i saw u...pushed you away...told u to leave...it was my bad temper... i hav woken up now...but its darkness all around... i want you to be with me...but u r nowhere 2 b found... come back my love....come back to me... without you in my life...i don't feel like me...

I - There's a world inside me

As I float thousands of feet above the ground  I look below at the world that seems to crawl As i also try to dive in deeper To see the person that I can "I" call There's a child in me that wants to keep flying The child in me that's so subdued but it keeps trying It craves for attention as much as it strives to run away Doesn't really know what life is but doesn't even care about dying There's a monster in me that's as cruel as the wildest beast It can hurt the strongest hearts around, The most beautiful eyes can bleed, the most caring hands tremble It's right here inside me however surprising it may sound There's a lover in me that only lives to care His job is to see you out of trouble and he charges only in smiles A diehard romantic, could make you weak in your knees Talk about his childhood crush, innocently he still blushes and smiles There's this moaner in me, it is never really happy Sadness is its favourit

हक़

कल नये घर में घुसा तो देखा  कुछ पंछियों ने एक घोंसला बना रखा था। घर साफ़ किया तो हटाना पड़ा उसे  भई आख़िर घर तो मेरा ही था… खिड़की के पास एक कुर्सी लगा कर  चाय की चुस्की लेते हुए बाहर देखा… दो मायूस पंछियों को नज़र अन्दाज़ कर,  खुश हुआ जब अपने आस पास और भी बनी नयी इमारतों को देखा।  इन इमारतों से पहले यहाँ  कुछ खेत और बहुत से पेड़ थे शायद   वो पंछी दोनों बाहर से  यही याद दिलाना छह रहे थे… शायद । एक लंबी साँस ले कर अख़बार उठाया  सरकार ने किसी ज़मीन को अपना बता कर बड़े हक़ से बुलडोज़र चलाया  फिर खबर थी किसी देश की जिसने हल्ला बोल कर  किसी और देश की ज़मीन पर अपना हक़ जताया  और फिर आस पास ही की खबरों में  कुछ लोग दबी आवाज़ में तो कुछ बहुत शोर से कुछ कहना चाह रहे थे, ख़ुद को इस देश का और कुछ लोगों को  बाहर वाला बता रहे थे । अब कौन बाहर वाला है और किसका है हक़  ये कैसे पता चलता है? वक़्त में जितना पीछे चलते जाओ  हर कदम नज़रिया बदलता रहता है…