Skip to main content

Rockin Diwali...

Diwali brought a welcome break for me after a hectic 4th term here at Great Lakes. But since we had only 3 days before the next term began, I thought of saving some money by not going back home, and going to Bangalore and celebrate Diwali with cousins instead.

Well, there is definitely something with me and Bangalore. Around the same time last year, when i was supposed to go to Bangalore for my cousin's engagement, i reached the station well in time, sans my luggage. This was because i got late at work and had to ask ma and pa at the last moment to get my luggage to the station. They did make it, just a couple of minutes after the train's scheduled departure time, but luckily, thanks the the ever so "punctual" Indian Railways and the relay between me,ma-pa and my cousins PK&DK, i got my luggage.
This time around... the story was similar. Only this time I myself made it a little late to the station and Indian railways wanted to prove a point this time which meant I missed my train. Actually planning to board a train at 6 AM, when I am seldom able to make it to a 9AM class on time, was perhaps asking for a little too much from myself.

Anywaz, i somehow made it to Bangalore. Man!!!did the rockin trip make up for all that preceded it!!! I was treated like a celebrity. The variety of cuisines i had would make any gourmand feel envious. It started off with delicious Sindhi kadhi chawal for lunch at my cousin Mahesh's house. I think my Marwari Bhabhi was only experimenting, with me as a scapegoat, but you rocked Bhabhi... :)
This was followed by a dinner at my other cousin Vandu's place where i got to eat some authentic North Indian food after ages (Well, North indian food in Chennai is hardly North Indian). The luscious Shahi Paneer and the gorgeous Rajmah were too good to resist, and i ate as if i had been castaway to a distant island called Chennai before I got rescued.
Lunch next day was a sumptuous buffet at Aroma of China. Wow!!! A delcious 4 course lunch!!!
Boy!!! Suddenly I felt I had worn the wrong-sized Jeans. I hope no one saw my tummy bulging out of my tight Tee.;)

I was off to Italy that evening. Oops!! i meant Mahesh's place. I was asked which sauce would I prefer for Pasta - white sauce or red?? Well it was a difficult choice to make, and before i could decide, the chef (read Meenakshi bhabhi) had given me a "buy one get one free" offer. it was as if she read my mind when as a response to her question I thought "both!!!" :)

This was just a description of half of my journey. i don't want you guys drooling while reading my blog ;)

Well, I wasn't just gluttonising in Bangalore. a few more things that i did were..errrr...boozing, sleeping...and....yea how can i forget this. It was Diwali guys... it was after 6 years that I burst crackers. And this was really an icing on the cake. I could never have imagined such a grand Diwali away from home. From the silliest of jokes at Mahesh's and vandu's place, to the dart games and those "JD on the rocks" pegs with Amit, to the crackers, to the last evening at Hard Rock Cafe, i had a real rockin Diwali at Bangalore. I certainly could not have asked for more!!!

6 hours is a very small journey for such a rockin place to meet some people, and more importantly, to eat.. would do it more often now. :)
Cheers!!!

Comments

  1. Very happy to know that you enjoyed your Diwali very well..when are we meeting you next time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Daytime slumber...

Daytime it was..when I kept sleeping... you were here with me...waitin 4 me 2 wake up... whenever u tried to, i hushed u away... i shud hav woken up..u had so much 2 say... evening it was...i felt like getting out of my slumber... i saw u...pushed you away...told u to leave...it was my bad temper... i hav woken up now...but its darkness all around... i want you to be with me...but u r nowhere 2 b found... come back my love....come back to me... without you in my life...i don't feel like me...

I - There's a world inside me

As I float thousands of feet above the ground  I look below at the world that seems to crawl As i also try to dive in deeper To see the person that I can "I" call There's a child in me that wants to keep flying The child in me that's so subdued but it keeps trying It craves for attention as much as it strives to run away Doesn't really know what life is but doesn't even care about dying There's a monster in me that's as cruel as the wildest beast It can hurt the strongest hearts around, The most beautiful eyes can bleed, the most caring hands tremble It's right here inside me however surprising it may sound There's a lover in me that only lives to care His job is to see you out of trouble and he charges only in smiles A diehard romantic, could make you weak in your knees Talk about his childhood crush, innocently he still blushes and smiles There's this moaner in me, it is never really happy Sadness is its favourit

हक़

कल नये घर में घुसा तो देखा  कुछ पंछियों ने एक घोंसला बना रखा था। घर साफ़ किया तो हटाना पड़ा उसे  भई आख़िर घर तो मेरा ही था… खिड़की के पास एक कुर्सी लगा कर  चाय की चुस्की लेते हुए बाहर देखा… दो मायूस पंछियों को नज़र अन्दाज़ कर,  खुश हुआ जब अपने आस पास और भी बनी नयी इमारतों को देखा।  इन इमारतों से पहले यहाँ  कुछ खेत और बहुत से पेड़ थे शायद   वो पंछी दोनों बाहर से  यही याद दिलाना छह रहे थे… शायद । एक लंबी साँस ले कर अख़बार उठाया  सरकार ने किसी ज़मीन को अपना बता कर बड़े हक़ से बुलडोज़र चलाया  फिर खबर थी किसी देश की जिसने हल्ला बोल कर  किसी और देश की ज़मीन पर अपना हक़ जताया  और फिर आस पास ही की खबरों में  कुछ लोग दबी आवाज़ में तो कुछ बहुत शोर से कुछ कहना चाह रहे थे, ख़ुद को इस देश का और कुछ लोगों को  बाहर वाला बता रहे थे । अब कौन बाहर वाला है और किसका है हक़  ये कैसे पता चलता है? वक़्त में जितना पीछे चलते जाओ  हर कदम नज़रिया बदलता रहता है…