Skip to main content

God has his own ways



As a kid I was often asked
How a line could become smaller without a touch
“Just draw a longer line”, they told me
That’s it! It didn’t need too much.

God has his ways
Of saying the same old things
He loves giving practical lessons
To his supposedly favorite beings

As if being without dad wasn’t enough
And perhaps He couldn’t quite understand what I prayed
Now mummy leaves us for her eternal journey
I hate these rules that God has made

Though I am sure you are now at a much better place
Relieved now from the pain that you went through,
I can’t find a way to accept that you have left
I can’t find a way to live without you

You were the first friend I ever made
Always my backup when I had noone else to play
You were my teacher, my listener, my brother, my sister
You were the only one who always knew what I really wanted to say

I would try not to cry as I miss you
Though you and what you taught me would be with me for good
I would care, I would share, would forget and forgive
I would do as i expect, and wouldn't try too hard to be understood.

May you rest in peace mummy Far away from the lesser mortals
All I wish for is one last hug from you
Just say a few last words and then bless me with your hand
God I know you need her but I needed her too...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

हक़

कल नये घर में घुसा तो देखा  कुछ पंछियों ने एक घोंसला बना रखा था। घर साफ़ किया तो हटाना पड़ा उसे  भई आख़िर घर तो मेरा ही था… खिड़की के पास एक कुर्सी लगा कर  चाय की चुस्की लेते हुए बाहर देखा… दो मायूस पंछियों को नज़र अन्दाज़ कर,  खुश हुआ जब अपने आस पास और भी बनी नयी इमारतों को देखा।  इन इमारतों से पहले यहाँ  कुछ खेत और बहुत से पेड़ थे शायद   वो पंछी दोनों बाहर से  यही याद दिलाना छह रहे थे… शायद । एक लंबी साँस ले कर अख़बार उठाया  सरकार ने किसी ज़मीन को अपना बता कर बड़े हक़ से बुलडोज़र चलाया  फिर खबर थी किसी देश की जिसने हल्ला बोल कर  किसी और देश की ज़मीन पर अपना हक़ जताया  और फिर आस पास ही की खबरों में  कुछ लोग दबी आवाज़ में तो कुछ बहुत शोर से कुछ कहना चाह रहे थे, ख़ुद को इस देश का और कुछ लोगों को  बाहर वाला बता रहे थे । अब कौन बाहर वाला है और किसका है हक़  ये कैसे पता चलता है? वक़्त में जितना पीछे चलते जाओ  हर कदम नज़रिया बदलता रहता है…

Daytime slumber...

Daytime it was..when I kept sleeping... you were here with me...waitin 4 me 2 wake up... whenever u tried to, i hushed u away... i shud hav woken up..u had so much 2 say... evening it was...i felt like getting out of my slumber... i saw u...pushed you away...told u to leave...it was my bad temper... i hav woken up now...but its darkness all around... i want you to be with me...but u r nowhere 2 b found... come back my love....come back to me... without you in my life...i don't feel like me...

I - There's a world inside me

As I float thousands of feet above the ground  I look below at the world that seems to crawl As i also try to dive in deeper To see the person that I can "I" call There's a child in me that wants to keep flying The child in me that's so subdued but it keeps trying It craves for attention as much as it strives to run away Doesn't really know what life is but doesn't even care about dying There's a monster in me that's as cruel as the wildest beast It can hurt the strongest hearts around, The most beautiful eyes can bleed, the most caring hands tremble It's right here inside me however surprising it may sound There's a lover in me that only lives to care His job is to see you out of trouble and he charges only in smiles A diehard romantic, could make you weak in your knees Talk about his childhood crush, innocently he still blushes and smiles There's this moaner in me, it is never really happy Sadness is its favourit