Skip to main content

I - There's a world inside me


As I float thousands of feet above the ground 
I look below at the world that seems to crawl
As i also try to dive in deeper
To see the person that I can "I" call

There's a child in me that wants to keep flying
The child in me that's so subdued but it keeps trying
It craves for attention as much as it strives to run away
Doesn't really know what life is but doesn't even care about dying

There's a monster in me that's as cruel as the wildest beast
It can hurt the strongest hearts around,
The most beautiful eyes can bleed, the most caring hands tremble
It's right here inside me however surprising it may sound

There's a lover in me that only lives to care
His job is to see you out of trouble and he charges only in smiles
A diehard romantic, could make you weak in your knees
Talk about his childhood crush, innocently he still blushes and smiles

There's this moaner in me, it is never really happy
Sadness is its favourite emotion, cribbing its best art
Being a critic is what it cherishes the most
Often playing a spoilsport, sometimes revealing the cynical part

And they all take turns to show that they all exist
Sometimes one after another, often two at a time
The child, it smiles and makes me see a sudden sparkle in my eye
The moaner right then brings that lovely frown out for no reason or rhyme

As the lover falls for the loose long hair,
The dreamy eyes and the beautiful soul within
The monster is all set to take over soon
it's nasty pranks, those crimes, that sin

The world, it looks so beautiful from up here
The world around, after I touch down will hardly be the same
Though the world as I close in ain’t all too bad after all
A bunch of villains trying to match up with the heroes of the game

A flight so high and a dive deep within
Tells me that with the world there’s a lot that I share
There’s a world of characters in me playing their roles every now and then
There’s a bit of me in the whole world down there

Comments

  1. suprising but ur views here r exactly similar to the story line we tried to depict in my first stage dance drama... of the diffrent characters that lie with us . n how each mood that we have is a personality in a whole... we did go little further n discribe how the soul btw these personalities looks for peace with in. really very nicely discribed the natural & true feelings of a person next door...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super thoughts and well written !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliantly written!! The beautiful coincidence is that both of us wrote on exactly the same theme wid kinda same thoughts on mind.. I liked your version and expression more profound than mine... I simply loved it.. the tale of having many characters in one body.. if coincidences have to occur, den dey shud be dis beautiful... Keep going Mr. Sir!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. “There are times when I look over the various parts of my character with perplexity. I recognize that I am made up of several persons and that the person that at the moment has the upper hand will inevitably give place to another. But which is the real one? All of them or none?”
    ― W. Somerset Maugham

    Hey !!....How you doin ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Daytime slumber...

Daytime it was..when I kept sleeping... you were here with me...waitin 4 me 2 wake up... whenever u tried to, i hushed u away... i shud hav woken up..u had so much 2 say... evening it was...i felt like getting out of my slumber... i saw u...pushed you away...told u to leave...it was my bad temper... i hav woken up now...but its darkness all around... i want you to be with me...but u r nowhere 2 b found... come back my love....come back to me... without you in my life...i don't feel like me...

हक़

कल नये घर में घुसा तो देखा  कुछ पंछियों ने एक घोंसला बना रखा था। घर साफ़ किया तो हटाना पड़ा उसे  भई आख़िर घर तो मेरा ही था… खिड़की के पास एक कुर्सी लगा कर  चाय की चुस्की लेते हुए बाहर देखा… दो मायूस पंछियों को नज़र अन्दाज़ कर,  खुश हुआ जब अपने आस पास और भी बनी नयी इमारतों को देखा।  इन इमारतों से पहले यहाँ  कुछ खेत और बहुत से पेड़ थे शायद   वो पंछी दोनों बाहर से  यही याद दिलाना छह रहे थे… शायद । एक लंबी साँस ले कर अख़बार उठाया  सरकार ने किसी ज़मीन को अपना बता कर बड़े हक़ से बुलडोज़र चलाया  फिर खबर थी किसी देश की जिसने हल्ला बोल कर  किसी और देश की ज़मीन पर अपना हक़ जताया  और फिर आस पास ही की खबरों में  कुछ लोग दबी आवाज़ में तो कुछ बहुत शोर से कुछ कहना चाह रहे थे, ख़ुद को इस देश का और कुछ लोगों को  बाहर वाला बता रहे थे । अब कौन बाहर वाला है और किसका है हक़  ये कैसे पता चलता है? वक़्त में जितना पीछे चलते जाओ  हर कदम नज़रिया बदलता रहता है…