Skip to main content

I wish the Answers were Blowin' in the Wind



I remember the time

When sleep meant calming down!


After a day's excitement


It charged me up for another round





It's a little different now


The calm is gone, sometimes the sleep as well!


Excitement, well I try to keep up the levels


Though the real story, the lines on my forehead tell





I crave for nights when I can actually sleep


And feel it like it is the end of the day,


It should feel like a break,


I shouldn't worry just yet for what would happen the next day.





My mind should free up


From the worries of all my accounts.


From the perpetual struggle to add zeroes in the bank's,


To adding likes and comments and other supposedly social counts





They say these are blessings in disguise.


Better to have these pains than nothing at all!


So yes I consider myself to be one of the blessed few,


But then can I ever tell myself, "for my needs, that's all"!





How many nights must I sleeplessly sleep,


Before I can call it a day?


I wish, my friends, that the answer


Was Blowin' in the wind like the say!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

हक़

कल नये घर में घुसा तो देखा  कुछ पंछियों ने एक घोंसला बना रखा था। घर साफ़ किया तो हटाना पड़ा उसे  भई आख़िर घर तो मेरा ही था… खिड़की के पास एक कुर्सी लगा कर  चाय की चुस्की लेते हुए बाहर देखा… दो मायूस पंछियों को नज़र अन्दाज़ कर,  खुश हुआ जब अपने आस पास और भी बनी नयी इमारतों को देखा।  इन इमारतों से पहले यहाँ  कुछ खेत और बहुत से पेड़ थे शायद   वो पंछी दोनों बाहर से  यही याद दिलाना छह रहे थे… शायद । एक लंबी साँस ले कर अख़बार उठाया  सरकार ने किसी ज़मीन को अपना बता कर बड़े हक़ से बुलडोज़र चलाया  फिर खबर थी किसी देश की जिसने हल्ला बोल कर  किसी और देश की ज़मीन पर अपना हक़ जताया  और फिर आस पास ही की खबरों में  कुछ लोग दबी आवाज़ में तो कुछ बहुत शोर से कुछ कहना चाह रहे थे, ख़ुद को इस देश का और कुछ लोगों को  बाहर वाला बता रहे थे । अब कौन बाहर वाला है और किसका है हक़  ये कैसे पता चलता है? वक़्त में जितना पीछे चलते जाओ  हर कदम नज़रिया बदलता रहता है…

Daytime slumber...

Daytime it was..when I kept sleeping... you were here with me...waitin 4 me 2 wake up... whenever u tried to, i hushed u away... i shud hav woken up..u had so much 2 say... evening it was...i felt like getting out of my slumber... i saw u...pushed you away...told u to leave...it was my bad temper... i hav woken up now...but its darkness all around... i want you to be with me...but u r nowhere 2 b found... come back my love....come back to me... without you in my life...i don't feel like me...

I - There's a world inside me

As I float thousands of feet above the ground  I look below at the world that seems to crawl As i also try to dive in deeper To see the person that I can "I" call There's a child in me that wants to keep flying The child in me that's so subdued but it keeps trying It craves for attention as much as it strives to run away Doesn't really know what life is but doesn't even care about dying There's a monster in me that's as cruel as the wildest beast It can hurt the strongest hearts around, The most beautiful eyes can bleed, the most caring hands tremble It's right here inside me however surprising it may sound There's a lover in me that only lives to care His job is to see you out of trouble and he charges only in smiles A diehard romantic, could make you weak in your knees Talk about his childhood crush, innocently he still blushes and smiles There's this moaner in me, it is never really happy Sadness is its favourit